ASGBI is an organisation representing general surgeons in the UK and Ireland. The association was established in 1920 and boasts a long history of providing information, advice, opportunities for further education and networking for its members. Some of our member benefits include:
- 20% discount on registration rates for ASGBI's annual International Surgical Congress. Our annual Congress remains the highlight of ASGBI's year. The event it unique as it presents general topics, relevant to the entire profession, alongside more specialist subjects. This formula continues to attract huge numbers of delegates.
- NEW! Surgical Web Services - Getting found online by more clients via your own website.
- Lifestyle Rewards - Exclusively discounted products and services
- Members receive ASGBI publications, including the quarterly Journal, any new addition to our series of Issues in Professional Practice booklets and all our Consensus Statements. All our publications aim to raise, and tackle, issues currently affecting general surgery.
- Exclusive access to the Surgical Indemnity Scheme. Owned and governed by ASGBI, this scheme offers highly competitive rates for private-practice indemnity protection and a tailored service for general surgeons. Visit www.surgicalindemnityscheme.co.uk for more information.
- ASGBI publishes an online calendar of relevant events for general surgeons in Great Britain and Ireland. We also remind you of key upcoming events to ensure you don't miss any opportunity to record CPD/CME points.
- Members receive an exclusive 15% discount to attend CPD/CME accredited surgical events held by ASGBI's Professional Partner, Healthcare Conferences UK. Click here for a list of their upcoming events.
- Up to 40% discount available on post-graduate degrees (MSc, MBA, MED, etc.) at one of ASGBI's partner institutions: University of Dundee, University of Nottingham or Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Up to 18% discount on health insurance for ASGBI members and their families.
- Discounted priority hotel booking service through Fresh Reservations. Negotiated rates are available for ASGBI members' personal and professional accommodation needs.
- Regular discounts on T.M. Lewin's business and casual clothing.
Click on the button below to be a part of ASGBI's community of general surgeons in the UK and Ireland.